Intro: To better understand what I write about here you can first visit this Public Guild and this Private Guild, and then continue below.
The whole process to create a Guild takes 5-30 minutes depending on how much customization you do right from the start.
Step 1: Click menu GUILDS -> CREATE A GUILD.
Step 2: Set up your Guild (all settings can be edited after the Guild is created). See image below, I explain the different settings:
- Name = Name of Guild
- Image = Upload Guild avatar, recommended size 200x200 px (min 175x175 px).
- Description = Write a short presentation.
- Guild Address = link to your new Guild, no need to change default.
- Website = Do you use another website? (You can create a public Guild here just as a promotion channel for your Guild.)
- Realm = America, Asia, Europe
- Language = Select the language of the interface for your Guild.
- Privacy Settings (What can non-members see?) = For a private Guild set to Guild Information only (private). If you want that anyone (including non-members) can read everything, choose Everything (public), this is good if you want to use this Guild as a promotion channel.
- Features = I recommend all features for your Guild. But if you do not know what to do with the RSS Reader do not select it.
- Members, Approve all new Members = If ticked, a Guild Admin must validate all new members. I recommend to tick the box for a private Guild. For a public Guild, leave box empty.
- Who can join this Guild? = If Anyone is selected, all can apply to join your Guild. If Members, Approve all new Members is empty anyone who applies instantly becomes a member. If Members, Approve all new Members is ticked a Guild Admin must validate applicants before they become a member.
If Only invited members is selected, it is not possible to join your Guild without an invitation.
- Messages = Possibility to send an email to all members of the Guild. I recommend to tick this box for a private Guild. Leave it empty for a public Guild (to avoid spam).
(click image for larger version)